Saturday, May 5, 2007

GoodReads

I've been doing a lot of research into Web 2.0 and social media for work in the last few months. I have to admit that, while there are many very cool things out there, I don't get a lot of it. Maybe I've crossed that "your heart dies when you grow up" threshold they mentioned in The Breakfast Club. Nonetheless, one site that has become a nutty obssession is GoodReads, a combination of Amazon, NetFlix, and Match.com.

I've just added the GoodReads widget to Everything Ecstatic. Now you can see what I'm reading and what I've read. (I know, I know--start the parade.) If you join and become my friend, though, you can also read my reviews, join discussion groups, and pick up other book nerds across the country.

It's not for everyone. But this nerd loves it.

No comments: